There are many reasons to love this recipe. It’s easy to make, and it requires only one pan (which means less to wash up), and the dark green leafy veg adds an extra healthy kick. But above all, we think the blend of Italian and Asian ingredients make it fresh and comforting at the same time.
Make sure to use a saucepan that’s large enough to accommodate the cavolo nero, as this is quite bulky before it’s cooked.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g prime minced beef
- 3cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 250ml chicken stock
- 500ml coconut milk
- 400g cavolo nero, stalks removed and chopped
- 500g fresh tagliatelle
- Salt to taste
- ½–1 tsp cornflour (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent (2–3 minutes). Then include the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the beef next. Cook until it’s no longer pink (about 10 minutes), making sure to stir and break up the chunks.
- Then mix in the ginger, followed by the curry powder and paprika. Stir well.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the cavolo nero, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and add the tagliatelle, making sure it’s fully covered.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes without the lid on, until the pasta is done. Stir occasionally and season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle in some cornflour if the sauce is too watery. Stir and simmer for about 1 minute.
Once you’re happy with the consistency, the dish is ready to serve. This one-pot wonder has everything you need – meat, green leafy veg and carbs – it doesn’t need any extras. Enjoy!