A perfect tagliatelle recipe for midweek. It’s quick to make, offers great value and plenty of flavours – and, of course, it’s best prepared using our homemade Baa Hill sausages! We recommend our plain pork sausages for this recipe, but our Welsh Dragons, Pork & Leek, or Caramelised Onion varieties will produce excellent results too.
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
- 250g tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 thick pork sausages, skin removed
- 50ml red wine
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves (as an optional garnish)
- Grated Parmesan (as an optional garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent (about 2–3 minutes). Then add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the sausages to the pan, breaking them up with a spoon or spatula. Fry until browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Pour in the wine to deglaze and loosen all the bits that have clung to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped as well as the cherry tomatoes, herbs, chilli flakes and salt. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavours to blend.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss until the tagliatelle strands are fully covered in the sauce. Cook for an additional 2–3 minutes to allow the pasta to absorb the flavours.
Serve hot – topped with freshly ground black pepper, grated Parmesan and fresh basil leaves (if desired). A side salad will complement this dish perfectly.
A fan of Italian pasta dishes? Check out our best-ever bolognese recipe!