A delicious and healthy weeknight dish that’s ready for the table in just 20 minutes.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 160g mangetout
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 80ml dark soy sauce
- 60g black bean sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Start by stir-frying the chopped onions for a few minutes, then mix in the garlic and continue frying before adding the lamb.
- Stir in the ginger, mushrooms and mangetout and fry for a few more minutes.
- Then add the sugar, soy sauce and black bean sauce. Toss gently and cook for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Season if required and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Serve with steamed rice and broccoli.