An easy and tasty beef dish. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, and some side vegetables.
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: approx. 1 hr
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1lb prime diced beef
- 1 tbsp flour
- 50ml teriyaki sauce
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 2 large tomatoes, whole
- 300ml beef stock
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry the onions and garlic until they’re sweating.
- Coat the beef in flour and add to the pan.
- Stir regularly to make sure the meat gets sealed from all sides.
- Add the teriyaki sauce once the meat starts sticking to the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and fry some more.
- Now add the beef stock, whole tomatoes, and the oregano and thyme.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45–50 minutes.
- Keep an eye on it and add some more water if the sauce becomes too treacly.
- After removing skins, mush tomatoes.
Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, pasta or bread, and some side vegetables (such as peas, Brussels sprouts, carrots, etc.).
Also take a look at our Beef & Vegetable Ragout recipe.